After trialling several 2D and 3D drafting softwares, both paid and Open Source it was decided that we will be using FreeCAD for 3D modelling purposes.
FreeCAD even though being a very amateur program shows lots of capabilities.
We had trialled this software just a couple of years ago and had dropped using it. Since then, the team at FreeCAD has come a long way and has added quiet a few new features that makes FreeCAD a good competitor.
Functions that we like in FreeCAD are:
- Parametric Modelling
- Generation of Drawing from 3D model
Functions that we would like to see in Future versions of FreeCAD are:
- Dimensioning in generated Drawing
- More control in how the Drawing looks on Paper
- Assembly creation
What help will we provide to see FreeCAD gain more popularity
- Write Tutorials on this website
- Combine these tutorials in a sequential format so that it is easy for someone to pick it up and start running with this software with minimum scratching head
Stay posted as more will come soon.