What if I told you that learning Open Source Software is not only easy but is also fun. Do you want to know how, keep on reading.
- Did you know that Open Source Software are as powerful as Commercially available software, if not more?
- Did you know that Open Source Software provide similar if not more Features than Commercially available software?
- Did you know that once you know how to harness the power of Open Source Software, sky is the limit for your creativity?
If you answered Yes to the above questions, but were confused as to where to start, then read on.
Open Source Software like Salome, Salome-Meca and Code_Aster to name a few are very powerful software. They have capabilities to provide you with answers in a format that you want, if you know what to ask.
Commercial software have some sort of easy of use that Open Source Software lack. Well what if I was to tell you that it is not the ease of use that is the limiting factor but the information on how to use the software is lacking for the Open Source Software.
Open Source Software Community does very good job of submitting tutorials and sharing experience on the Forums, but you, as a user, should remember that they are driven by Open Source Software enthusiast who are providing their services FREE in their FREE time. They are not obliged to give you the information you sought, but they do it for the love of Open Source Software.
To ease the burden on the Community supporters, it would be a great help if the user of the software had fundamental knowledge of how to use the software in its basic form. How to perform simple analysis in their particular software or to bring it to a fundamental level, how to visualize the results that they are after.
There is a huge gap between the Users of Finite Element Analysis Software, there are users who are pro and there are ones who have just started. This ebook is an effort to bridge that gap so that the New Users feel confident in the Open Source Finite Element Analysis Software and attain competency.
Features of 2nd Edition of the eBook
- Uses Ubuntu 12.04 as base Operating System instead of CaeLinux 2011
- Uses Salome-Meca 2013.2 instead of default installation of Salome-Meca in CaeLinux 2011
- Entire ebook is based on Salome-Meca 2013.2. Topics covering GMSH have been updated with Salome-Meca 2013.2
- Use of Efficient v0.1.0 for all Cases shown at the end of each chapter.
Just Click on the Red Button to get a Preview copy of the eBook.
The 2nd Edition of the ebook is published now and is available for Purchase. Click on the Green Button to Purchase the ebook.
Please note that you will receive a PDF copy of the book. There is no physical book that will be mailed to you as we are working hard to save the environment and we didn’t wanted to cut all the trees to print our books.