The PASS Suite tools provide smart simulation and sizing tools for every piping and equipment engineer/designer that enable new users to perform piping/equipment analysis in days rather than months.
Applications in the PASS Suite Family
The PASS software is organized into product families to meet the broad range of piping systems analysis and design requirements.
- PASS/HYDROSYSTEMfor piping hydraulic and thermal analysis & sizing.
- PASS/START-PROF for piping stress analysis & sizing.
- PASS/EQUIP for equipment analysis (vessels, columns, heat exchangers, tanks, nozzles).
Pipelines are everywhere serving many purposes including: supplying water and natural gas, transporting wastewater, providing heat, transporting oil and gas, circulating steam/water at power stations, linking equipment in process plants, transporting of propellant and oxidant into jet engines, circulating fluids and exhaust for an automobile, and more. The engineering of a piping system is a challenging task with a wide array of different technological, mechanical, and safety requirements to comply with. It is simply impossible to effectively design complex modern piping systems without powerful and easy to use software tools of analysis, simulation, and code compliant sizing.
Piping simulation requires highly specialised CAE software that incorporates knowledge of piping behaviour delivered efficiently to any process and piping engineer or designer in an easy to use form for every day work.
PASS covers all main aspects of pipeline analysis including:
- Piping systems stress, fatigue, and stability analysis & sizing
- Equipment stress analysis for vessels, columns, tanks, and heat exchangers
- Nozzle-Shell Junction stress and flexibility analysis
- Piping systems fluid flow and thermal analysis & sizing
- Industrial thermal insulation calculation
- Pressure relief system sizing
PASS is already in active use by thousands of engineers for analysis and design of process piping and plant utilities, district heat transfer, water and gas networks, oil and gas field gathering piping systems, and other types of pipelines.